Smartest Podcasts Ever

This is the definitive list of the smartest podcasts.  Well, they are the podcasts that I like the most.

Maybe you are not into listening to podcasts.  I wasn't either for quite a while, but now I listen to them regularly.  And, no matter your age or technical ability, it is so easy to keep up with them.  In the past 7 days I have hooked up two of my friends with these.  I am not a guy with a long commute to work or tons of free time (Pastor, Father of 3, small town), but I love the culture and the awareness that comes from listening to my favorites.  Here they are:


1) WNYC Radio Lab              website      podcast

2) This American Life             website      podcast (both are unresponsive now, hope to update soon)

3) Freakonomics                      website      podcast

4) 99% Invisible                       website      podcast

5) Tim Boyd's Sermons            website      podcast

6) Stuff You Missed in History Class        website      podcast 



I have linked them all for your enjoyment.  You can stop reading now if you'd like.  However, if you want to read more here is why I like these podcasts so much.

1) WNYC Radio Lab

This is probably my favorite.  It's very "artsy" in tone but the hosts keep it down to earth.  If "cool" were a podcast this would be it.  I love the stories and the commentary that they share.  The shows are about an hour and keep you captivated the whole time.

2) The American Life

This hour long show features three stories or segments that center around a theme.  Like Radiolab this show flies by.  The host is Ira Glass and he is captivating to listen to.  These shows make you think.

3) Freakonimics

This is first podcast that I subscribed to.  The show shows the "hidden side of everything."  I have gotten many fun and interesting stories to share with people after listening to these shows.  These are economists and they share their fascinating take on everything.

4) 99% Invisible

These segments are only about 10 minutes long.  The host is Roman Mars and he sounds as cool over the air as his name would signify.  The show is set to show all the invisible things that we take for granted in the processes of everyday life.

5) Tim Boyd's Sermons

Of course I am including these :)

6) Stuff You Missed in History Class

These two ladies share the fun and deeper stories of the names that you had to write in tests in high school.  These shows are about 30 minutes and the ladies do a wonderful job of teaching and entertaining.

I really encourage to find time to stretch your thinking by listening to podcasts.  I actually look forward to my daily thirty minute walks so that I can catch up on my shows!

Do you have any favorites to share?

Comments

Sherry Gossman said…
http://popculturepulpit.com/

Its my favorite!

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously