Monsters are afraid of daddies

On Wednesday night I was tucking Eden into bed and she looked at me and said, “I don’t want to sleep here because I’m scared.” I told her not to worry because monsters and bad guys don’t come here because they are scared of daddy. I told her to put her confidence (absence of fear) in her father, not herself. Of course, our Heavenly Father is much stronger than I am.

Jesus said, “Now my heart is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. Father, glorify your name!”  Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.” (John 12)

Jesus brings up the idea that we all wrestle with, God please save me from this suffering. God please grant me a way out. God don’t make me walk through the valley. God don’t let me hear discouragement. God make it easier for me. God, help me I’m scared. Jesus answers it with something outright crazy and comforting - “No it was for this reason that I came!”

Jesus faces his fear head on, and with joy, because He believes in His Father.

Comments

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously