How do I pinterest my sermon?

Last month I had just under 800 reads on my blog.  (I tried to set up no tracking on my phone, iPads, and computers - so hopefully that's an honest number).  That is the most reads I have had on my blog ever.  I'd like to build on that.

The Purpose of My Blog
The purpose of my blog is to understand what it means to live in the Kingdom of Heaven while living on earth.  I believe that that's not only possible, but a command for a person who claims to be saved by Christ Jesus.  The blog is a place where I can share my thoughts, successes, and failures at trying to do that as well as encourage and offer practical help to people walking that path as well people interested in learning about that path.

The Future
With that said, it's exciting so see where we can go from here.  Just last year I got my first smart phone (iPhone 4S) and my first tablet (iPad2).  They have significantly changed my daily life.  I communicate much differently now.  I have far more access to books - so I read even more than I have been.  I can play online games (words with friends - timboyd1121 - hit me up).  I can interact with the world and the information in the world in a very different way.  I really like it.  I can speed up.  That's a good thing.

So what's next?  What trends are there now and how do they relate to how I can share the Christian worldview?  How can I inspire others in service to Jesus?  How I can teach Biblical truth in a modern way?

For instance, my favorite part of my job is researching, writing, and preaching sermons.  I love doing that.  So I post those online in a podcast here:  http://itunes.apple.com/podcast/id357379348.  Obviously I have a blog.  I also try to be on Facebook interacting with people regularly.  I don't tweet, because I don't like the medium.  I haven't written a book or done anything that will get noticed by enough people to make tweeting important.  I think it would be a waste of my time for the two people that would read them (me and my mom, if I set her up with it).

So what about tumblr or pinterest?  Those are huge right now.  (I think).  How do I get the sermon into those mediums?  What other way is there to spread the message of Christ?  How can I capitalize on the 10-15 hours I spend each week on sermon prep?  How else can it help people?

Do you have any thoughts?  I would absolutely love to hear them.

Sidenote - don't feel like you have to read this part
I had the idea of starting a satirical church website.  Kind of like how Stephen Colbert uncovers the ridiculous side of Washington politics by using his humor and cutting wit.  I think he actually performs a good service for the American public by doing that.  I would love to do that with a website that I could upload sermons, have programming purposes, talk about church use of money, and uncover some of the ridiculous things that we do in churches in order to, ultimately, help the church get to where it needs to be.  I don't want to do it because I can't figure out a way to do it anonymously and people would get really mad at me and I could get in trouble.  (I guess I am a wuss.)

Comments

Katherine Clark said…
The Colboyd Report has a clever ring to it. You should check to see if the domain name is open!

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously