Your Love is Felt

We have been surrounded by excitement, anticipation, and joy for the past few days, but I am still learning about God's love and God's Kingdom.  Here's the latest.

I don't completely understand why so many different people are so invested in our adoption journey.  I hope this doesn't come off as callous, but I am starting to think that I am intensely selfish.  Give me a moment to try and explain this.

In the past 2.5 years since Mindy and I have been on this journey we have been receiving a lot of encouragement from friends both old and new.  I mean a lot of encouragement.  We have made many new friends in the world of adoption.  Through the genius of Facebook we have been able to share our story with many old friends as well.  I just don't know why so many people care so much about this.

I am overwhelmed each time I hear a new story of someone's excitement for us.  I don't completely understand why so many people hugged me after we announced that we are finally going to get him.  I am shocked that 400 people read my last blog entry about Silas.

I am embarrassed at my lack of interest in other people's struggles and accomplishments.  For most of you reading this blog entry, please know that I look up to you.  It's not just because you are supporting me with prayer, thought, etc.  It's that you are causing me to grow in love as you love me.

Thank you.  Thank you for your interest in our journey.  Thank you for your support.  Thank you for prayers.  Thank your for "liking" this on Facebook.  Thank you for sharing the link.  Thank you for blogging about and talking about it.

Please know that you have encouraged me to take a good look at my selfishness.  I want to imitate the love that you have for us.  I want to be invested in the Kingdom of God as much as you are.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

And.....we leave Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Please continue to pray that he comes home with us Saturday!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously