Adoption Update: Praying in Quietness and Clearness

Well, we did not hear yet.  If we don't hear by 9am (which is out of character for them) we will not hear anything today.  So, I say we all pray for tomorrow!

Mindy and I would like to leave on Thursday the 26th and come home the next Thursday the 3rd.  This will work out to have our parents split shifts to watch the kids for a week.  (That's a lot of schedules working out incredibly!)  There is a guest preacher already scheduled for that Sunday (funny coincidence!)  This will also mean we are back by Will's birthday (the 5th).  Last night I asked Will what he wanted for his birthday.  We didn't come up with much but after we got the girls in bed and prayed to have news this morning, he asked for Silas to come home for his birthday.  (That's my boy!)  Please continue to pray with us in hopeful anticipation and expectation.

If we are to leave on the 26th we must hear from the Embassy very quickly -or- we buy the tickets and fly out in blind faith that the visa will be ready for us by the time we are scheduled to come back to the states.

I'll be honest.  If I don't hear anything by tomorrow morning I am thinking about fasting Thursday and seeking God's direction to purchase or not to purchase plane tickets on Friday.  Scary.

Following the direction of God seems very stupid to people who do not fully believe in God's existence, God's power, and God's love.  I want to follow God and, therefore, I can certainly come across as an idiot.  Now, I am an idiot, but I am also a Believer in the God who is bigger than any obstacles that stand in the way of His good and perfect will.

Please continue to pray for us to hear news from the Embassy.  Please also pray that Mindy and I will clearly understand God's direction.  Please also pray that God will continue to be glorified in our pursuit of Silas.

Comments

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously