Adoption, Easter, and the Masters

No, we are not any closer to the conclusion of our adoption.  Yes, we are waiting on one signature in Illinois.  Then we will be waiting for one signature in Kenya.  Then we will be flying to Uganda.  Then we will have our boy home.  (Please pray with us that we will have him home by the end of April.)

My easter sermon this year was based on John chapter 14.  Jesus tells his disciples not to worry because He is preparing a room for them and He IS coming back for them.  I wove the story of Jesus and the disciples with the story of our adopting Silas.  Here is the link:

http://www.cowdenchurch.org/Cowden_Church/Podcast/Entries/2012/4/9_No_Longer_Orphans.html

Speaking of links.  I wish I had watched it, but I guess Bubba Watson, the guy who won the Masters, adopted his first child just a few weeks ago.  Here is the article:

I am so happy that Bubba Watson won the Masters.  I had no idea who he was except for the weird name.  Turns out he is wonderful.  I had a day of adoption stories.

I wouldn't have understood this just a few years ago, but I think that adoption is the closest thing that we have to understand the love of God the Father.

Listen to the sermon, read the ESPN article, and read John chapter 14.  That's the trifecta.

Comments

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously