My Funeral Song

This might sound morbid, but I think about my funeral quite a bit.  Maybe it's because I perform funerals and I spend a lot of time with grieving people.  I don't know.

I know exactly how I want my funeral to start off.  I want everyone to be assembled.  Then I want the lights to dim down and I want "Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi to play over the sounds system.  This is for a couple of reasons:

1) I can't imagine anything funnier happening at a funeral.  That makes me giggle every time I think about it.  Can't you imagine everyone looking around at each other?  I can see my dad laughing and my mom have that funny look on her face.  It's one of the funniest things that I can think of.

-and-

2) That's just an awesome song.

Have you thought about your funeral?  What elements do you want at it?


Comments

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously