I think I'm going blind

I woke up this morning around 2:30am.  Well, I kind of woke up.  My right eye hurt so bad that I thought I was going blind.  Not figuratively.  I actually thought I was going blind.  It's one of those thoughts that seem to make sense when you are in the world somewhere in the middle of asleep and awake.

The remarkable thing was that I was very calm about it.  I laid there in bed pretty sure that I was going blind very quickly and I was completely rational about it.  I thought that I should probably see the doctor but I didn't really want to because I had lunch plans and I have an Easter sermon to write.  (For Pastors - this is like the week before the Super Bowl).  I figured when I got up I would have Mindy call for an appointment.

Then I thought about our upcoming trip to pick up Silas in Africa.  Well if I'm blind I guess Mindy will have to go by herself.  I will stay here with the kids.  That's good because then we won't have to figure out who will watch them while we are gone for about a week.

My next completely rational "I'm going blind" thought?

How am I going to write my sermon?  I can't see.  Even if I could write it, how am I going to be able to read my notes on Sunday?  Then I started to wonder if there are any blind Pastors.  Then I started to wonder if I will have to find a new job.

It was all pretty interesting.  When I finally completely woke up I took a claritin and my eyes are doing pretty well now.

I'll bet you have stories like this too.  It's funny how completely rational we can be in completely irrational dreams.

It made me think of this.

The Kingdom of Heaven is invisible.  So is love.  So is hope.

Or none of those things are invisible.  Maybe they are very visible, but we are just too blind to see them.  Maybe we are in a sort of in-between state and we happen to be very rational in a world that is very irrational.

We stand on a planet that is spinning.

If our earth moved off it's axis by a foot we would all die.

Our bodies are made up of tiny particles that are invisible to the eye and are constantly in motion.

And so on and so on....

Comments

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously