The Best Day

I started out today antsy and upset. I tried really hard not to be, but I just couldn't shake it. I have had a very busy week. Yesterday I thought I was getting caught up at work and just started to realize how much I have going on there.

Then I got to take a nice break. I went fishing for this first time on Lake Shelbyville. It was a very nice afternoon. The rain had stopped but it was still very overcast. There was no wind and the water was very calm. The trees on the side of the lake were starting to turn into the beautiful red, orange, and yellow. They were still dominated by the rich green though. We didn't catch too many fish, but it really didn't matter.

Then I got home and had to get flash cards at Walmart. By the time I got home it was time to tuck the kids into bed. Then I did homework for Hebrew for about 2 hours (on a Friday night). That leads me to today.

So I woke up and tried to have a good day but I couldn't quit thinking about all that I have to do for work and grad school. We went for a walk as a family and I was still somewhere else.

Then the cool breeze rolled into town and started to blow in the windows. This is what matters to me. Lying on the couch with my wife listening to my kids laugh at a Walrus and a Polar Bear on TV.

God finally caught my attention. In the middle of the business that I make for myself, God sends in a cool breeze. I thank God for connecting to me today and giving me the eyes to see Him and the ears to hear Him.

God wants to connect to all of us. Are you going to go to a worship service at a church tomorrow? God may connect with you there. If you are, are you going to invite someone who doesn't go to church to come with you. They need to connect to God too. Don't take away that Best Day that they could have.

We all need time to step back from the craziness that we make life into. We all need to relax and connect to God the Father, Creator, and Sustainer of Life. Invite someone to come with you to church - even offer to pick them up. They need that peace that comes from God too.

Comments

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously