Had lunch with an older gentleman from our church this past week.  We talked about the two very different worship styles that we have at our two services.  He attends, and loves, our traditional service.  I confirmed that.  Then I told him that attendance at our contemporary service had doubled this past year.  His response was awesome, "That's great to hear!  I'm so happy that our church is reaching new people.  I'm also glad I don't have to go to that service."  I love that attitude.  The church isn't about "me" and it's not about "them."  It's about "us."

Tim Boyd
Lead Pastor - Westside Christian Church - Bradenton, FL

Comments

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously