The Sign in the Bathroom



I recently saw this sign at a business that I went to.  Okay, to be honest it was in the bathroom and I'm a little embarrassed that I took a picture in a public bathroom.  I had the door locked so I don't think I broke any state or federal laws.  I'm glad my phone has a camera because I took a picture of it because it is now one of my favorite signs.  (Yes I have favorite signs and no I am not planning on sharing any more in the future.)

Here's what the sign says to me:  "Our only desire is to have a very clean bathroom, therefore, if our bathroom is very clean we are succeeding in business."  If that were 100% true they would hire someone full-time to monitor the cleanliness of the bathroom.  If I were paying to use their bathroom and I had the choice of many bathrooms to use then their business model would work well.  Unfortunately many businesses offer free use of their bathrooms.  This place happens to sell tires and fix cars.  I would rather their SOLE desire be to do their best to put their tires on my car perfectly.  The bathroom is not a make it or break it for me.

Here's what they think the sign says:  "We want you to think that we really, really care about having a clean bathroom.  And since you notice how much we care about this little thing, than you will be impressed with us as a company and continue to bring your business to us."

Here's what the owner of the store thinks the sign says: "We love you as a person and want you to give us all your business and tell all of your friends and family to come here too."

Here's what 99.99999% of the people that use that bathroom think the sign says: "Uhhh....what sign?"

I have no application for this blog.  I just really, really like that sign and I hope that it brings you some enjoyment as well.  (Sidenote - I totally wasted your time didn't I?)

Comments

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously