Another reason my small town is better than your big city

Oh Cowden - you rule!  We are taking a little loss on the sale of our house so we need to get a small personal loan to cover the loss.  We are hoping to pay it all off by this fall.  Anywho...

So Mindy calls Bank of America this morning and talks with them for more than 30 minutes and is transferred 6 times!!!!  No one was able to answer her simple question.

So I walked to down to the bank.  Yah, I walked to the bank.  Stepped in to an office and explained my situation face-to-face in about 3 minutes.  He replied that they could help.  I asked how long it would take and he said, "How long do you want it to take?"  So I am going to see what the final balance is after the sale is finalized and walk to the bank and get the loan.  This all (walk included) took about 15 minutes.

Cowden is better than your town.  I don't really even care what your town is.  Cowden is better.  I thoroughly endorse our local Shelby County Bank and living in a small town.  There are a few houses available around here - so if you can, you should probably move here.  I also know of a wonderful church that you would love to have you join!

Comments

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously