Reaction to: "The Revelation of Jesus Christ" Sermon Series

There is no other sermon series that I could preach that would pique the interest that Revelation has.  Since Sunday I have heard some interesting comments:

Q: "Hey Tim are you recording these messages?"  Really?  Has anyone ever listened to their own pastor preach a sermon in the internet?

Q: "Why did you pick to teach the book of Revelation so early (in your time here)?"  No one would ask my why I picked to teach on the book of Philippians so early.  :)

One person is avoiding coming to church because of the sermon series.

One person is attending church because of the sermon series.

"I have been so excited for you to teach on Revelation!"  Ha!  No one has come up to me after a Christmas sermon and said the same thing.

"I wasn't looking forward to this sermon series."  That may be my favorite (you know who you are)!

I think its awesome that there is still a book of the Bible that makes most people uneasy or (at least) interested.  No one has been upset with me or disagreed with me yet.  Of course it is only Tuesday morning and the series started just 48 hours ago.
Revelation is beautiful.  I did not realize that until I started reading the study books.  I was scared of the book and didn't understand what it meant.  The Pastor of the first church that I worked at told me to avoid teaching on Revelation.  You would never hear a Pastor tell you to avoid teaching on the book of Romans.

I guess we will see how it goes. If you go to church with me - I think we are on an interesting ride and I wonder what God has in store for us.  If you don't go to church with me - ask your Pastor to preach on Revelation and see how he reacts. :)

By the way - I think that picture is really funny.  The images in Revelation aren't meant to be seen.  They are heard and then understood.  We are to get them with our ears not with our eyes.  Hmm...

Comments

Courtney said…
I'm glad you've recorded this sermon and hope you continue. I have referred this website to co-workers interested in hearing a series on Revelations.
Unknown said…
Ha! Good to know. If they don't go to other churches, they are more than welcome to come for the next few weeks.

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously