Surgery is Scheduled

Things have been happening so fast that it's been hard to keep everything updated.  Silas was officially adopted this past Wednesday!

We went to Charleston and took the kid's with us.  They did very well in court.  We met our lawyer and then met the person representing Silas.  She kept pronouncing Uganda incorrectly, but I didn't want  to correct her!  They were both wonderful with the kids and very easy to work with.  When we went into the courtroom to see the judge I felt like I was in Law and Order.  The judge came in and we all stood up.  Then the lawyers started talking really fast.  Next thing we know they called Mindy up to the witness stand!  She was a little nervous but did well.  Then I had to take the stand.  Then...it was over!  They declared Silas a Boyd and an American!

That was an amazing moment.  The lawyer asked Mindy if she knew that adoption was forever and that we could never take him back.  She smiled and said, "Yes."  I think I laughed out loud at the question.

We went to celebrate at a Pizza Hut buffett and on the way there Mindy got a call from the doctor's office to schedule his surgery.  Now, I was expecting to hear Mindy tell me a month and a number.  What she told me was:

"Tuesday."

"You mean, like, this next Tuesday?  Like next week?"

"Yes."

"What?!"

So Silas' surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, September 11th.  We need to be at Children's hospital in STL by 6:15am.  (That should be great because Mindy will get home from class Monday night around 11:30pm.)

This has been a crazy ride.  It doesn't seem overwhelming until we start looking backwards at what has already happened.  I guess that's why God doesn't always show you the plan at the beginning.  He just asks you to "come and join me."

I already know that you will pray for us, so I just want to thank you for your prayers.  Please pray specifically that Silas' surgery will go through as planned and that he will not need any more.

Thank you and we'll keep you updated.

Comments

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously