What is your criteria for decision making?

I am teaching through the book of Isaiah and using Warren Wiersebe's book as a reference.  On page 45 I came across a wonderful quote:

The Jewish political leaders were asking, "Is it popular?  Is it safe"  The prophet was asking, "Is it right?  Is it the will of God?

I wonder how many decisions we make using the first set of questions.  I'll bet it's far more than half.  In our churches.  In our lives.

That's a sad state to be in.  It didn't make me feel good.

Comments

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously