What I learned from my first year at Grad School - Post 1

1.  I am not smart.

That was easily the first thing I learned.  Wow!  These people are insanely intelligent.  They seem to have read so many more books than I have read.  They can recall Bible verses on any subject at hand.  They have mastered their craft.  I am talking about the students.  The Professors are at a whole different level.  Dr. Hall, Dr. Kurka, and Dr. Snell are worlds smarter than I am.  It was impressive just to hear them speak each week at class.  This guy's helped me to realize that there is plenty that I don't know.

I took the first semester of Hebrew and after a few weeks I realized that most everyone was getting it.  I was not.  It was the first time in my life where I honestly felt like the un-smartest person in the room.  If you know me well, that's a great thing for me to have to feel :) !

I was humbled and encouraged this year at school realizing that I am certainly not as smart as I want to be.  I have a lot to learn.  It's nice to come to that realization.  It gives me a challenge.

Comments

Ahall said…
I thought you'd be used to not being the smartest person in the room after you shared in office with me for 2 years....Boom, roasted
Unknown said…
I can't believe you read this blog. Mostly because I didn't think you could read. Anyways - happy graduation!

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously