Quiet Strength - Tony Dungy

I definitely recommend this book.  Dungy has a wonderful story of a man living with the knowledge of God's reality and presence in life.

I was fairly apprehensive to embrace the Dungy phenomenon.  Just because someone wins a Superbowl doesn't mean that they should be able to write men's bible curriculum.  When I was in the beginning stages of planning our men's bible study I really wanted to stay away from his stuff.  So I read through a lot of other curriculum.  I eventually picked one and it was pretty terrible.  It took me a few months to finally give in to the hype and get his men's small group stuff.  It was fantastic!  Guys were sharing more and I was able to make more sense of it.  It was good common-sense Bible teaching geared towards men.

As we traveled through the curriculum I finally decided to get his book Quiet Strength.  It was a wonderful read.  I really like biographies and this did not disappoint.  Any person, regardless of whether they care about football or not, would love to hear his story.  His approach to life, work, family, and coaching were all the same based in Biblical truths.

I get to hear him speak at Busch Stadium after the Cardinals game in July.  I am very excited about it now.

Comments

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously