My your hats fly as high as your dreams

What has two thumbs and is speaking at graduation for the Cowden-Herrick Class of 2010 tomorrow?  This guy.  I desperately want to start off with the quote from Michael Scott in the office, "May your hats fly as high as your dreams."  Alas, that would only be funny to me.  So I won't do it.  I am really looking forward to it.  I have been told, by everyone, that I should keep it short because it gets really hot in the gym and nobody really cares what the minister says anyways.  Needless to say, I am honored that they would pick me as the guy to say something quick and not be remembered.

That has presented a challenge.  I have come up with a pretty good opener, followed by an easy to understand Bible parable from Jesus and then I will finish with a celebrative-style repetition.  All in all it will be less than 10 minutes and I think it will be memorable.  We'll see how it goes.

The graduation is at 3pm and I am supposed to be there by 2:45.  I have a funeral on Sunday as well.  It is at 2pm.  That will be a full day.  I wonder how many people, in the history of time, have gone from conducting a funeral to speaking at a graduation.  I think of myself as a trailblazer.  I am sure that when I am in my 60's I will still be talking about that fateful Sunday in May 2010.

I think I will post my graduation speech her Sunday night.

Comments

Andrew said…
Patiently waiting for your graduation speech.

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously