April Fool's & Maundy Thursday

How great is it that April Fool's Day and Maundy Thursday are the same day this year?  (Maundy Thursday is the day we remember that the Last Supper and everything that went down in the Garden of Gethsemane.)

1 Corinthians 1:22-24

22Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.


I believe that God came down to earth in human from through Jesus Christ.  I believe that Jesus was fully God and fully human.  I believe that he actually died and then came back from the dead.  I believe in that one act, the Resurrection, that he was able to conquer death and provide everlasting life for those who would claim him as savior.  Those who would then die to themselves, be buried in the waters of baptism, and then live their new lives with Him would receive the crown of eternal life.

That sounds ridiculous!  Seriously.  It is foreign.  It is not something that you can experience through your 5 sense.  I know that.

But how did we become human?  Why are you alive?  How do you know that you are alive?  Why does your heart break?  Why do you love someone?  The last one is the kicker for me.

I struggled with the origin of the universe.  I finally concluded that it takes faith to believe anything.  I choose to believe that my wife actually loves me.  I choose to believe that my parents are my real parents and that they love me.  I choose to believe that there is a God who loves me as well.  I choose to believe that I was created and that the world was created.  If I believe that then I must start to believe the rest of the Bible as well.  So I believe that there is a Heaven and that there is a Hell.  I believe that all people will be separated at the end of their lives.  I believe those that have chosen Jesus as their Lord and Savior will spend eternity with him.  I believe Heaven is unimaginably amazing.  (For more - listen to my podcast on Heaven from 3/28/10).  I believe people actually go to hell if they have not placed belief in Jesus Christ.

I know it sounds foolish, but if we all talk on a basic level like this, we will all sound foolish.  When I talk about why I love my wife I sound like an idiot too!

Comments

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously