Authentic Manhood

How do you answer the following questions?

1. You become a man when ______________________.
2. What makes you a man is ______________________.

There are a million different answers for those questions.  Last week I did a Message about Joseph (the earthly father of Jesus).  I said that he was an authentic man.  Here are my quick points:

1. Joseph was righteous
2. Joseph loved his wife
3. Joseph was a man of action.

Robert Lewis, in his book Raising a Modern Day Knight, states that there are 4 characteristics of biblical manhood.  He states that a man:

Rejects Passivity
Accepts Responsibility
Leads Courageously
Expects the Greater Reward.

I started praying for these four characteristics about 5 years ago.  I pray them (among other things) each morning.  In the next few weeks I will share with you what Lewis is talking about and how this has shaped me as well.

Comments

Kobial said…
hmmm... hard to find out the ans.. i am 27 & yet I don't know whether i am boy or a man.. Gotta think about it. Thanks.

www.e-dirts.com

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously