Homemade Roof Rack Crossbars

I needed some crossbars for my existing (factory) roof rack for my 2007 Chevy Uplander LT.  I went to the internet to buy some.  I had so much trouble finding any that were specifically made for my van.  So I decided to make my own.  The following are my pictures of how it all went down.

I spent roughly $18 at Home Depot.

2 4ft lengths of electrical conduit
4 U-bolts
1 can black spray paint
Strong drill bits

The tools that I needed to have:

Cordless drill
Wrench (for the u-bolts)

The rest is shown in the pictures.  It all looks pretty good, but I couldn't find any caps to put on the ends of the conduit.  I just grabbed some gorilla tape to seal them off.  When I was driving down the road with the ends not sealed I had a terrible whistling.

Here is a link to the roof carrier that I purchased off of amazon for $50.

Happy building!








Comments

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously