Christian growth though darkness


"Frequently those who are designed for great and eminent services are left to themselves before their conversion, to fall into great wickedness, that the mercy of God may be the more glorified in their remission, and the grace of God in their regeneration."  -Matthew Henry (Commentary on 1 Timothy) 

He is writing about the Apostle Paul.  Although I see it in Job.  I see it in Peter.  I see this played out in David.  I see it in Moses.  I can keep going....

I see it in me.  I think this is one of those principles of the Christian faith that you come to realize as you mature.

You must suffer in order to understand Christian service.  You'd be sadistic if you tried to work it into a lesson or a leadership style.  In order to be a good Christian servant, you have to suffer.  So many of us seem to suffer as a result of own hands or words.  But it is not lost time or pain if you learn from it and let God use it to glorify His power and love though out the rest of your life.

Comments

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously