Will's 4th grade speech


Will had a speech to do in class.  He's been working on it for a couple of weeks now.  He decided that he wanted his topic to be "God."  That's awesome!  First, I'm glad that God is such an important topic to the little under armour wearing, cool hair flipping, video game playing kid.  Also, how on earth do you do a speech about a topic as large as "God?"  Haha!  I, sort of, talk about God every week for 30 minutes in a speech that I have worked 10-15 hours on.  However, I think Will nailed it!

Here it is:

"I’m going to be telling you about God today.  I’m going to tell you about three things that all relate to God.  About my dad, a preacher, and when I went to Africa to adopt Silas, and helping homeless people.  First, I want to tell you about my dad a preacher.  In case you did not know what a preacher does let me tell you.  A preacher is a person that teaches about God and tells about the Bible.  My dad was a preacher for 15 years and he is just the best preacher I ever saw.

A few years ago my family grew when we took a trip to Africa and adopted a little boy.  When we went to the orphanage we saw lots of kids there.  They were playful and some were very little.  We got Silas because God told us to get him.  When it was night Silas was so happy.  I think he was happy because we were all there.  We went to a hotel where there was a big pool and a cafe with bottles of soda.  We drank all the soda we wanted and we collected the bottle caps.  The food wasn’t very good.  When I broke my arm jumping over a bush it hurt really bad.  I went to a doctor and they X-rayed me.  They put a splint on me.  When I went through the airport they had to check the splint.

On Easter Sunday our church fed the homeless.  We did this because God taught us to take care of those who need help.  We put food in to-go boxes and drove it to the people.  The food we put in was corn, ham, bread, and snacks.  We took the food to people in parks, and in motels.  It made me feel nice because we fed people that were hungry.


It was very fun doing all this stuff for God.  My dad is a preacher so he tells me lots of things about God.  When we went to Africa we adopted Silas because he needed a family, because God wants everyone to have a family.  God really loves people."

What a great kid!

Comments

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously