So many wheelchairs...

There is just something about watching older people watch kids.  You can imagine the memories of years gone by, people gone by, and life experiences going through a weathered soul.  You can see the youth and energy of the kids light up the eyes and hearts of the aged.  It's beautiful.
Yesterday our Children's Director (Tammy), her husband (Nick), and our wonderful keyboardist (Denise), and I took a group of our "church kids" to sing for, and spent time with, people in a retirement home.  I just drove.  I didn't do much.

Tammy led these kids to reach out and introduce themselves to the 20 or so residents that were all around.  I was proud that two of those kids were mine.  Then Miss Tammy sat on the floor with the kids and played a game that involved everyone there.  I was proud that my kids were in a church with Miss Tammy.  She is a great teacher and leader.  She is full of energy, but most of all - she loves those kids!  She is a wonderful example for them to look up to.

Honestly, I did not want to go.  I was tired.  It was a long weekend and I'm always tired after Sunday morning.  But, it was worth it.  I got to see a little bit of what life is supposed to be like - people loving people.

Why go to church?  Because this kind of stuff happens all the time.



Comments

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously