Just another night in Kampala

First off, I am worried about preaching on Sunday morning because we are getting back really late on Saturday night.  Then I am worried because I am driving the church van to camp that afternoon!  Those are some great things to be worried about.  Do you know why?

Because I'm not worried about Silas' adoption anymore!  I am not worried about the visa!  I am not worried about coming home without Mindy!  All three of us are going to go on the grueling 24 hour trip home together!

Entebbe, Uganda - Amsterdam - Detriot - Chicago

Wow.  That's going to be crazy.

Silas

Anyways, the days have all been running together.  Silas is doing pretty well with us.  He is going to sleep without fussing, which is unexpected and amazing.  When "momma" leaves he gets very upset.  This afternoon she left and he screamed for about 10 minutes.  Then after he calmed down he sat on my lap for about 30 minutes.  Then we got down and I played with toys while he stared at me for the next 20 minutes.  Then Mindy came home and he started running around and laughing.  The bond between them is stronger than super glue.  He likes me when Mindy is around.  Other than that I think he tolerates me :).

The Books for Pastor Ivan

Thank you for the people who gave books.  You should have seen Pastor Ivan's face when he saw the suitcase full of books.  He kept picking up books and asking questions about them.  He was very happy to have commentaries.  Here is his message on Facebook:

"They are so useful to me and to another Pastor In my home area who would love to use them."

Kampala

We are staying with a wonderful family.  Wayne and Tarah both work at Watoto Church here in Uganda.  They have a huge network of friends here and they know the city really well.  They are making our stay much easier and cheaper!  They have three kids who are very close to the age our kids - so it is making it a little tougher for me.  I am really missing our kids at home.  I can not wait until Silas gets home to Cowden and we start to live life as 6.

The region here is absolutely beautiful.  The trees, plants, and everything are breathtaking.  We are right on the equator so it gets too hot for me.  Mindy even got her first sunburn.

If you are wondering we are plus 8 hours here.  So this will be published there at 12:30pm and here it's 8:30pm.

Also, it is amazing to know that the same God that we worship in Cowden is the same God that is worshipped here, half way around the world, in Kampala.  Everywhere I go I am "Pastor Boyd."  Some things don't change no matter where you are.


Comments

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously