Trapped in the Carwash Line

A few days ago I was trapped in a carwash line.  It was terrible.  Not really, but it's a funny story.  I had dropped Mindy off at the grocery store and I went to vacuum out the van.  I like to use the carwash vacuums because they are super powerful and we had just got back from vacation so the van was filthy.  I made a joke that I was going to get a carwash.  Mindy thinks they are a HUGE waste of money.  I don't.  So I vacuum out the car and leave with no carwash.  I drive around the corner to get gas.  After I fill up I notice that the line is long so I go one business down in order to pull onto the road from their driveway.  This business happens to be a carwash and I get stuck in their parking lot.  I try to get out and find myself in the car wash line.  Great!  I knew Mindy would make fun of me if I got a carwash.  So I am going to reverse and just drive back.  Immediately a truck comes in behind me and I am stuck.  So I picked Mindy up with a very clean van.

How much of my life is lived being stuck?

Comments

Popular Posts

What about your real kids? The most effective way to completely ruin your family. A parable for the church.

Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day

Authentic Manhood - Expect the Greater Reward

Mommy's got a baby in her tummy

Authentic Manhood - Reject Passivity

Discouragement

Adoption Update: We're going to get him!!!!

Breastplate of Righteousness

From Cowden, IL to Jinja, Uganda: Silas' coming home trip!

Authentic Manhood - Lead Courageously